Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Below are the conditions of sling hire as set out by Little Pumpkins Parenting.
1. All carriers are hired subject to availability and suitability.
2. The term carrier is used to describe all slings and carriers on the Little Pumpkins inventory.
3. The hirer is the person hiring the carrier.
4. The standard hire period is 4 weeks, this may be extended subject to the demand of that individual carrier.
5. All hire fees are payable at the point of hire or renewal of hire by cash, debit or credit card. Hire fees are payable online via debit or credit card or paypal.
6. The current hire fee structure is £15.00 for a month/four weeks
7. Card details are required for security, these are stored securely on Stripe.com. Any outstanding monies such as late fees will be charged to this card.
8. LATE FEES are £1 per day. Late fees are charged from 11.59pm of the day your items are due back. Late fees are payable on all hired items from the library, slings, books and accessories.
9. All carriers are checked before hiring to ensure that they are in good safe condition, any marks will be pointed out to the hirer. It is the responsibility of the hirer to check the carrier before each use, if any damage is discovered please contact the library immediately and stop using the carrier.
10. LOSS AND DAMAGE Each case of loss or damage will be assessed on a case by case basis, however Little Pumpkins reserves the right to bill for the RRP (recommended retail price) if the hired carrier cannot be returned to an acceptable hireable condition. Loss is defined by the hired carrier no longer being in the possession of the hirer at the time of return, whether it has been lost or stolen, it will be defined as lost and the hirer will be billed for the RRP of the carrier. Damage is if the carrier is returned in a condition that isn't considered as wear and tear, rips and tears to the carrier, broken buckles, stains that don't wash out are damage, food marks are expected and are considered as day to day wear and tear. Wherever possible Little Pumpkins will seek to have the damaged carrier repaired, the cost of this will be passed to the hirer, if the carrier can't be returned to an acceptable hireable condition then the RRP of the carrier will be billed for.
11. END OF HIRE PROCEDURE Little Pumpkins will send out a reminder detailing when the hire period is coming to an end, and when and where the carrier can be returned, in many cases it will be possible to renew the hire period. If returning the carrier please do so in a timely manner to the drop-in session from which you hired. If the drop-in is missed the hirer will be contacted and the option to renew the hire to the next drop-in will be offered, if this isn't accepted then late fees of £1 per day will be accrued, these will be charged to the payment card that has been stored on Stripe.com. It is the hirers responsibility to return the carrier with all its accessories and instructions, if taken. Little Pumpkins at this time does not operate a collection service. Once the carrier has been received, it will be checked over and returned to inventory, if late any outstanding monies will then charged to the card that is stored on Stripe.com. Failure to return or replace a carrier will be treated as theft. Any missing items will be billed for at cost of replacement, this includes hoods, chest straps, accessory straps, stirrups, bags, suckpads, bibs and instructions, this list is not exhaustive, any item taken with the carrier at time of hire and not returned will be billed for. If the stated drop-in for return is not convenient, please make contact with Little Pumpkins, postal return is possible, returning to an alternative drop-in can be arranged, or returning to the home address of Little Pumpkins can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
12. SMOKING Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke when using or holding the carrier. Please inform the library if you do smoke. Any carrier returned smelling of smoke will have to go through a specialist cleaning procedure, the cost of which will be billed for.
13. LAUNDERING It is not necessary to launder the carrier, however if the carrier is especially soiled then a wash is appreciated, a delicate cycle on a cool temperature (30) is recommended using detergent but NO SOFTENER. Any individual marks can be cleaned with a damp cloth with no chemical. Please contact the library if clarification is required.
14. LOOKING AFTER THE CARRIER Please keep the carrier away from anything that could permanently damage the carrier, such as scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, and anything that could permanently stain the carrier like paint, oil or pens. Only use the carrier in its intended use, to carry babies and children, following the instructions, the majority of carriers will come with manufacturers instructions and you will receive a link to these in your hire confirmation email.
15. The carrier is for you to use, please don't lend it to anyone else to use, you are ultimately responsible for any damage caused.
16. All carriers and their accessories and instructions remain the property of Little Pumpkins at all times.
17. OUTSTANDING MONIES Little Pumpkins will make good effort to recover all outstanding monies, settlement requests will come in the form of text messages, emails, letters and if required the Small Claims will be involved, please note that the latter may have a negative effect on your credit rating.
18. By hiring a carrier you are accepting these terms and conditions.
Who is Little Pumpkins Parenting
Little Pumpkins Parenting is owned and run by Vicky Anderson. Little Pumpkins aim is to help and support families safely and comfortably carry their infants with the use of slings and baby carriers.
What information is collected from you upon creating an account.
1. Your name
2. Your postal address
3. Your e-mail address
4. A contact phone number
If in the future it is intended to process your personal data for a purpose other than which it was collected, you will be provided with the information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
How is your information used.
Information is collected about you so your hires can be processed, so your account can be managed, and so you can very occasionally be contacted about products and services that may be of interest to you. This includes using information to enable compliance with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of Little Pumpkins and protect the legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this information, Little Pumpkins may be unable in some circumstances to comply with its obligations and you will be informed of the implications of that decision.
Little Pumpkins Parenting will not share your information for marketing purposes.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some website features may not function as a result.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18), you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request access to correction or removal of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing, as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to Little Pumpkins Parenting at the address below. You may ask Little Pumpkins Parenting to correct or remove information you may think is inaccurate.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office if you believe that Little Pumpkins Parenting has not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
How to contact Little Pumpkins Parenting
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: 15 Mulberry Way, East Kilbride, G75 9LQ
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?